Monday, January 27, 2014

Dashboard Light Update 1/27/14

Hello friends, 

Lots of exciting things going on here in production land. 

Last night I finished the shooting script of By The Dashboard Light and emailed it over to writer Sienna Golden Malik for her approval. It's running a bit long right now at 147 pages - however a Final Draft script report (that removes camera direction, lengthy descriptors and notes) brings it back down to 119. So that's comforting. In my draft, I tried to consolidate as much as possible to avoid repetition and redundancy - but it's hard cutting lines you love. My friend and Philly commedian, Jeff Soles says "Cutting down a script for time is like removing songs from a mix CD because they won't fit." And he's absolutely right. It can be heartbreaking. 

Anyway, in other news. Two days ago I put an ad in Backstage magazine looking for talent. We are now up to our necks in actors and actresses of all ages, shapes and sizes... and couldn't be happier. We received literally hundreds and hundreds of submissions from some very talented people. It's going to be difficult to pick only a handful. (I am however already making a few mental notes - some of the applicants are exactly what I'm looking for and their reels are spot on.

I'm going to be posting audition dates in the upcoming weeks. 

On a technical note, camera components are still funneling in. As you may have read in previous blog posts, this film will be shot digital HD on the brand new Panasonic Lumix GX7 with a series of vintage Nikon lenses. I've been ordering a handful of components to build the camera system including a 15mm rod support system/shoulder rig, follow focus, matte box, counterweights, and an iPad Mini to act as a wifi preview monitor. I'm going to be posting pictures and a list if components once it's finished and tested - as well as some test footage. 

Stay tuned friends! More on the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment